Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today I tried to understand my jogging a little bit. So I decided to run a route which can be plotted in walkjogrun.net to find the distance. I also wanted to run atleast 20 minutes so that my average speed can be worked out. So I took the route from Qutab hotel to the culture complex in the Press Enclave Marg through the Aurobindo Marg. The total distance is 2.41km. I took 23 minutes. As a result I find the following facts.
My speed is 6.25 km/hr which is really slow but I am comfortable in this speed. So it is ok. The distance of the track that I usually run (Recall the track of the "Chota park") is 180-185 m. The calculation is based on the statistic that I run 14 rounds in 25 minutes. So to run 5K it is necessary for me to run 45-48 minutes. So the next goal to reach is to push for 45 minutes of running which I will do gradually after consolidating my 30 minutes of Jogging.
Next Sunday, I will cross check this data by running from Qutab to the Panchasheel flyover through the IIT flyover. It covers a distance of 2.66 Km. See you with another piece of bullshit statistics next sunday. Till then Goodbye from Sundar.

No comments: