Saturday, August 16, 2008

Today I ran the qutab culture complex route. I started from Qutab hotel and reached the park in the culture complex and ran in the park. It took me 17 minutes to reach the park from Qutab hotel to reach the park and ran a little in the park adding upto a total of 30 minutes. The distance from the Qutab hotel to the park is 2.32 Km. From the walkjogrun.net, The following facts are found:
1) Speed 7.7 km/h
2) Pace 7.6 min/Km
3) 1 round in the park in the culture complex is about 700m

I ran exactly at the same pace as that of Yesterday. Since I ran 18 rounds yesterday, it follows that a round in the chota park is nearly 225 m. This is in contradiction to my earlier post. So I have to do more experiments to find out the distance of a round in the chota park. But I should point out that in my earlier experiment I was not using a stop watch and I got stuck in the traffic. I should do different routes and I should run in the morning to avoid traffic.

ssundar

No comments: